Mondo is hiring- Monitoring & Evaluation Consultancy
Post Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Consultancy
Format: Individual of Group Consultancy (also suitable for a firm)
Location: Uganda & Kenya, strong candidates from other locations will be considered
Start date: April 11th, 2022
Duration: 3-4 months, 75-100% workload
Mondo is the largest Estonian non-profit organisation devoted to development cooperation, global education and humanitarian aid.
Mondo’s Digital Competencies Training (DCT) is about digital literacy and computer skills, but it’s also about using digital devices and the Internet proactively as a tool to engage with society on a professional, educational and personal level.
While also encompassing the basics of device usage, the program puts a special emphasis on safety and problem-solving. To further the impact, smartphones are central to the program – as the participants are most likely to own a smartphone as their first digital device, the training provides them with relevant and easily applicable everyday skills.
Mondo’s DCT is based on the DigComp framework and has been developed with the Principles for Digital Development in mind. The structure of the training is based on the five key aspects of the European Commission’s DigComp framework: information and data literacy, communication and collaboration, digital content creation, safety, and problem-solving. Exact lesson plans are adjusted to fit the baseline knowledge level of each beneficiary group.
Since 2021 Mondo has carried out DCTs to the following target groups in Uganda and Kenya:
- Refugee and host community youth from vocational training centres in KyakaII and Rwamwanja refugee settlement, Uganda;
- Refugee and host community youth from vocational training centres in Bidibidi and Rhino camp refugee settlements in West Nile region, Uganda;
- Urban refugee and host community youth in Nsambya, Kampala, Uganda;
- Student teachers and tutors in 5 Primary Teacher Colleges across Uganda;
- Teachers in Kakuma Refugee Camp, Kenya;
- South Sudanese refugee women in Kakuma Refugee Camp, Kenya.
The consultant is expected to carry out an impact assessment for the traininings among at least three (3) of the below mentioned beneficiary groups selected jointly with responsible Mondo staff members.
The M&E Consultant(s) will be responsible for (a) developing a Monitoring and Evaluation Guidelines for an Impact Assessment of Mondo DCT; (b) conducting an impact assessment of Mondo DCT in Uganda and Kenya. This includes:
- Identifying the criteria that can serve to assess the impact of DCT in close collaboration with Mondo staff.
- Designing and implementing a baseline assessment for target communities, and drafting a baseline report.
- Designing and implementing an endline assessment for target communities, and drafting an endline report.
- Drafting an analysis of main successes and fields of improvement of Mondo DCT focusing on how the training impacts the target communities.
The goal of this assessment is to measure the impact of Mondo DCT on the livelihoods and economic well-being of the participants and their communities, as well as on their ability to successfully engage in employment or education.
- To measure whether and how Mondo DCT increases digital literacy of the training participants and their communities, and their capacity to use digital tools to ease completing their routine tasks.
- To measure whether and how Mondo DCT helps its participants to have more secure livelihoods, i.e. achieve better results in private business, employment, job search or studies.
- To measure whether and how Mondo DCT supports teachers in the target communities in providing quality primary education.
- Demonstrated experience with designing, implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation in East Africa;
- Ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative methods including questionnaire design, survey techniques and participatory approaches.
- Ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data and draft data-driven reports;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, PowerPoint, database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- A Master’s degree in Social Sciences;
- Willingness to travel to and within Uganda and Kenya.
How to apply?
The applications should include the following documents:
- CV(s) – if applying as a firm or a team, please include CVs of all team members;
- A Motivation Letter (up to 1 page);
- A Research Proposal that includes the goal of the impact assessment and at least 3 criteria to measure the impact of Mondo DCP with a short justification;
- A Financial Proposal.
Applicants should submit all requested documents to the following email address: email@example.com . Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline: April 3rd, 2022