Job opportunity – Uganda country coordinator
Mondo is seeking a qualified and committed staff member to join the Mondo Uganda team as a Country Coordinator. The Country Coordinator will contribute to the Mondo Uganda team with his/her expertise in grants and partnerships management and will help to drive new and innovative funding partnerships. An ideal candidate also has humanitarian or development project management experience and experience to lead teams.
- managing partnerships with current and potential partners, local NGOs, INGOs, with the Ministry of Education and Sports and other relevant government authorities;
- seeking funding; developing and writing project proposals;
- planning and revising Mondo Uganda programs and activity plans and ensuring their implementation according to agreed indicators;
- ensuring smooth running of programs that currently involve digital skills trainings to refugee youth and teachers; small scale income generation initiatives for disabled youth in Kampala and for self-formed groups in rural Uganda; and school support program in a rural school;
- monitoring and managing budgets to ensure compliance with organisational and donor regulations and requirements, guaranteeing quality reporting in line with donor requirements;
- supervising Mondo Uganda team and international volunteers;
- ensuring the abidance of regulations and procedures with Ugandan authorities such as URA, NGO Bureau, banks, KCCA etc;
- supporting Mondo HQ communications team with Uganda relevant information, representing the organization publicly when relevant;
- higher education;
- min 3 years experience in partnership development and/or fundraising;
- min 5 years of experience in humanitarian or development programs; minimum 2 years as a team lead;
- excellent project management skills;
- positive attitude to work and great communication skills, openness to work with international stakeholders;
- proactivity, punctuality and quick problem solving, ability to work independently, excellent time management skills;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills in English;
This position is available in an INGO with an office in Kamwokya, Kampala. Mondo is an Estonian civil society organisation working towards alleviating global inequality since 2007. It operates in 13 countries. Current Mondo Uganda programs largely focus on building digital skills among the vulnerable youth and Ugandan teachers. Mondo Uganda has a small team of less than 10 people. Mondo offers a competitive salary and health insurance.
To apply, send your CV and motivation letter or motivation video clip of 3 minutes with the indication of salary expectation to Siisi Saetalu, Uganda Country Director email@example.com by 26th June 2022.
Additional Information on Mondo Digital Competencies Program: https://mondo.org.ee/en/digitalskills/